The remarkable Northern Territory
- Land mass - 1 350 000km2
- Gross product - $23.6 billion3
- Exports - $4.7 billion3
- Unemployment - 3.5%4
- Credit rating - AA22
- Median house prices - $516 2502
- Piloted movements Port of Darwin - 18072
- Jet capable airports - 52
2. Information sourced from ABS, Darwin Port Corporation, REINT, Northern Territory Government and Sensis in late 2016.
3. Information sourced from https://business.nt.gov.au/business/business-and-economicdata/nt-key-business-statistics/output-and-income
4. Information sourced from https://business.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/413709/labour-market-brief-201703.pdf
A remarkable transformation image
|2001||Railway Alice Springs to Darwin extension, commenced construction 2001.|
|2003||Darwin Business Park, commenced construction 2003.
Darwin LNG Plant, commenced construction 2003.
|2004||Bayu-Undan Gas Field, commenced construction 2004.|
|2006||East Arm Wharf Extension Stage Two, 2006, capex $200m.
Blacktip Gas Well and Pipeline, construction commenced 2006.
Darwin Convention Centre, construction commenced 2006, capex $300 million.
|2008||Gemco Expansion Phase One, construction commenced 2008, capex $183 million.|
|2009||Darwin Waterfront Stage Two Development, construction commenced 2009, capex $800 million.|
|2012||Marine Supply Base, construction commenced 2012, capex $110 million.
AACo Abattoir, construction commenced 2012, capex $91 million.
|2013||Darwin International Airport Terminal Expansion, construction commenced 2013, capex $60 million.|
|2014||Prelude FLNG Onshore, supply base, construction of base costing $29 million to support the $US12.6 billion floating LNG platform.|
|2017||Ichthys LNG, first gas March 2018, capex $US37 billion.|
As at August 2015.